The set begins with Stagecoach, the film that is really the blueprint for all Westerns, that made an instant star of the young Wayne and in which Ford used the primal beauty of Monument Valley for the first time (A landscape that in cinematic terms Ford would make his own); through Ford’s famous Cavalry Trilogy (Fort Apache, She Wore A Yellow Ribbon, Rio Grande), to the director¹s Christmas fable in the Arizona desert, Three Godfathers, to his paintery masterpiece The Searchers, which prompted Orson Welles to describe Ford as “the greatest poet cinema has given us”, and concluding with the director¹s only Civil War feature, The Horse Soldiers.
1. STAGECOACH by Richard Hageman
2. FORT APACHE by Richard Hageman
3. THREE GODFATHERS by Richard Hageman
4. SHE WORE A YELLOW RIBBON by Richard Hageman
5. RIO GRANDE by Victor Young
6. THE SEARCHERS (Ride Away) by Danny Knight
7. HORSE SOLDIERS by David Buttolph